Support and Training
- Setting Up for AAC
- Copying a Default Vocabulary File so it can be Modified
- Adding a Word to a Page
- Preventing Unauthorized Vocabulary Editing
- Closing versus Minimizing the Application
- Word Finder
- Creating a New Page
- Create a Button that Links to a New Page
- Sound Setting: Voice and Clicks
- Using Vocabulary Builder to Teach Motor Patterns
- Making a Backup or Transferring your Vocabulary File
- Email, message, tweet and Facebook directly from within the app
- Changing button function to accommodate motor control difficulties
- Helpful button actions
- Tracking Language Data
- Using the Pronunciation Dictionary
Setting Up for AAC
When an individual is first learning to communicate, it can be helpful to restrict access to other distracting programs in the iPad.
- On the iPad, select the SETTINGS icon.
- Select GENERAL.
- Scroll down to RESTRICTIONS and select ON.
- Select ENABLE RESTRICTIONS.
- Enter a passcode that the client will not easily be able to obtain.
- Turn OFF any apps that may be a distraction or need to be restricted from use.
- Select HOME button on device to return to desktop.